2.13.2012

I Am Able

"I am a runner, and one of the things that gets me to go that extra mile, even when I feel like giving up, is just the reminder that I am strong!"

In one of our prenatals, we were talking about words that gave you confidence and helped you, affirmations that you would like to hear during your birthing time. This was one of your comments. I jotted it down... "You are strong!"... and we moved on.

You wanted me to talk you out of medication if you changed your mind... and we moved on. You wanted Terrance to be your moral compass and me to be your massage therapist... and we moved on. We planned, we dotted our i's and crossed our t's, but anyone who has seen birth can tell you, birth has a way of reminding us that we are not always in charge...

Fast forward 3 weeks. You called me at 11pm to let me know that you had been consistently feeling cramping on and off, every 12 minutes, for the last two hours. We talked a little, I encouraged you to follow your normal routine, and you promised to call when things changed, but that you wanted to get a shower and go to bed.

When you eventually called me to your side, it was around 4am. I found you dancing in the living room, complaining of your constant backache. A quick belly mapping told me your baby was OP, directly facing the world, all limbs out front.
See here to read the rest of the story.

2 comments:

Andrews girl said...

What a beautiful story!

Anonymous said...

I am typically to blogging and i truly appreciate your content. The write-up has truly peaks my interest. I'm going to bookmark your web-site and maintain checking for new data.

[url=http://cheapjordansfreeshipping1.weebly.com/]Cheap Jordans[/url]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews