7.26.2008

Birth Videos

OK - I am often asked for a list of birth videos either online, at the library, or in my library (in other words, easily accessible). So, here is my list of YouTube birth videos. All of these are ones I would recommend to people so that they can see what normal, natural birth in a hospital or home setting looks like. Some have more intervention than others, some have children participating, some are u/a, but all are what Birth in America looks like. Enjoy!

Birth Videos:
Miscellaneous Videos for Labor and Birth
Keys to Terms and Acronyms:
  • PROM - premature ruptured membranes (water broke, no established labor)
  • VBAC - vaginal birth after cesarean (any number between the A and C is how many cesareans)
  • HBAC - homebirth after cesarean
  • Unassisted - no medically trained professional in attendance at birth
  • UBAC - unassisted birth after cesarean
  • Posterior - Back of babies head is against mom's spine... optimally, babies face is against mom's spine.
  • GD - gestational diabetes, diabetes brought on by pregnancy

10 comments:

Shelly said...

What a great resource! Thanks!

Leigh Steele said...

Thank you, thank you! I love this and will share it with my clients.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDexz5ObYzQ

this is my friend Georgia's beautiful australian birth center water birth of her 42 wks+, 10 lb 7 oz, posterior son, Theo.

by far the most gorgeous 8 min of birth film I have seen yet. (though I have yet to watch my own son's birth video! ;) )

Nicole D said...

thanks elliott365

Anonymous said...

some shameless self-promotion: here is my son's home waterbirth. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxpy0F3t3mY

xo,
Rebecka

Lynn said...

Thanks for putting together all of these birth stories!

Trisha said...

I am a doula in Australia and was looking through your site, even put a few links on my FB page. When looking at this page I see that you have one of my daughter Tehya's and Abbey's homebirths listed!

Glad that you like them enough to share :)

Midwife International said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing so many great resources and beautiful birthing mamas and birth advocates around the world. We appreciate the way your birth education at Midwife International.

At Midwife International we work to educate by training midwives who are equipped to work in resource-constrained regions around the world. For more information please visit: http://midwifeinternational.org/midwife-training/.

Thank you for all you do!

Anonymous said...

First off I wаnt to say fantаstic blog!
I had a quick queѕtion which I'd like to ask if you don't minԁ.
I waѕ іnterested to κnow hοw
you centеr yourself and clеar your thoughts pгior
to wrіting. I have hаԁ a tough timе clеaring my mind іn
getting my іdeas out. I ԁo take pleasure in ωrіting but it јust seems like the fiгst
10 to 15 minutes tеnd to be wasted simply juѕt trying tо figurе out
how to begіn. Any reсommendations or hints?
Many thanks!
Here is my page ... Thomas The Tank Engine battery powered vehicles

Unknown said...

It would be nice if this list could be updated. Many of the videos are no longer available :/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews