2.17.2010

Hollywood Does It Again

Oh, how I love Jennifer Lopez... Oh how I don't love how Hollywood continues to portray childbirth... and now, they are hitting up homebirth/waterbirth and cheapening it for entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, it does looks funny. That is not the point. The point is that the average American is going to look at this film and believe that this is what waterbirth is.


I guess it is too much to ask for a good representation of birth and water birth, specifically, on the big screen?



4 comments:

Rachael said...

That movie Birthing Under an Illusion looks SO interesting! I would love to see it. My hypnobirthing instructor told us about a study where they showed doctors and childbirth experts & educators clips of media/tv/movie births and they rated 1/176 as realistic. Ugh. If only women could see how great a REAL natural birth could be.

Nicole D said...

Rachael -

I have seen it and it is good. I would love to have THIS video to bring to HS and MS sex ed classes. What a difference THAT would make! :o)

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

I got an email pitch today to write about/promote this movie from someone on their media team and I have as yet to write them back. I'm like you, I think it will be funny but I also feel that it's only going to further unfortunate stereotypes.

Tiffany said...

i completely agree! btw, i love reading your blog, and i awarded you the beautiful blogger award over on my blog.
http://holybfpbatman.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews