8.06.2007

Loving Me

This is something I wrote awhile ago and thought it high time to remind more women:

"I am a 27 year old mommy to 5 that are 7, 4, 3, 3, and 7 months. I worried with my first pregnancy that I would never be beautiful again. I worried with my second pregnancy that I was right. I worried with the twins' pregnancy that my husband would believe it too. And I knew with my last pregnancy that I was perpetuating a lie. My breasts sag because they nourish my chidren. My belly is embossed with ribbons of silver because my babes have graced me with riches, and my hips are padded so that my monkeys can travel there. My hands are calloused from kneading my husband's aching shoulders and my feet are swollen from pacing the halls when my little ones are ill. My body screams WOMAN! I am not a pin-up, and am thankful for that. For those women have believed the lie themselves - or they have not found the joys I have. Either way, I am thankful for my WOMANLY body, and would not trade it for a full and perky rack, or a tight and silver-free 6-pack any day."

So, I want to hear it... Does your body scream woman? If so, post your womanly roar in comments for all of blogger to hear!

1 comment:

CappuccinosMom said...

That is lovely! I am so blessed to be married to a man who views my mama body with pride and appreciation. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews