4.03.2014

It Takes a Village To Raise a BirthWorker

*UPDATE* - SHE'S FULLY FUNDED!!! THANK YOU FOR GIVING!

Some of my readers know that I have been mentoring an apprentice for about 6 months now and she will be graduating at the end of this month.

Anna is a great doula, like, she was meant to be a birth worker. She's a natural! Her intuition is amazing, her love for women and their babies is pure, and her skills are spot on. I couldn't have asked for a better 'second' for these last 6 months, and I'm so proud of her.

But let me tell you a little more about her. In the same time that she started with me, she found herself as a single mama of two beautiful little ones. She found herself struggling to keep pursuing the calling she knows she is meant to be working in, while also working to keep a roof over her head. And she found herself mustering, day by day, to do what she loves, to do what she is called to, and to do what she must do, day to day.

And that's where you come in. There is a workshop coming up in 2 days for Acupressure training for birth workers. Yes, I know this is short notice, but we were hoping the money would come in another way. I would love her to see the outpouring of love and community from others in the birth worker community. I would love for this hard-working, single mommy to be gifted with the ability to further her education and attend this workshop, which just happens to fall on her birthday!

The total cost is $300. This includes The Acupressure Workshop for Birth Doulas on Pregnancy Care and Labor Support and the Acupressure Workshop for Postpartum Doulas. If we can't raise the full amount, $175 will ensure she can attend the first workshop. Would you like to help me bless this mama and new birth worker? Are you looking to pay forward a kindness that someone showed to you recently? If so, this might be the perfect place to do it.

Any donation that is received between now and tomorrow night will be applied to this workshop. Please just note that it's for her and let me know, if we don't reach our goal of at least $175, do you want me to refund your money (minus the fee that Paypal takes out) or do you want me to save it for her for another event in the future. Thank you in advance!




For more information on this workshop, please see here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews