2.25.2011

Throughout Time, Throughout the World: Childbirth Practices

You can probably tell from some of my posts that I am more than a little bit of a dose of Anthropologist mixed in with my childbirthiness. Ahem:

When I was a little girl, other little girls wanted to be princesses, nurses, rock stars, and ballerinas.. I wanted to be an anthropologist with a heavy interest in paleontology. When I went to college, I changed that to the 'more interesting' abnormal psychology with a heavy interest in forensic anthropology. Something was still missing...

Finally, when I became a mother, I realized that I was working with the past too much, I wanted to have an influence on the future. That, along with my strong personal convictions about pregnancy, birth, and parenting, led to my pursuing doula/midwifery.

It should come as no surprise, then, that I am absolutely in love with The Mother's Advocate film series, "The Timeless Way". Take a few moments, pull up a chair and settle in with a hot cup of tea. This is an amazingly insightful and educational look at childbirth throughout time immortal.


- Part 1


- Part 2


- Part 3


- Part 4


- Part 5

2 comments:

shannon said...

oh my, this looks great! thanks so much for sharing. i can't wait to take your advice and settle in with a cuppa. good fodder for weekend lazing about!

salagadoula said...

Thank you so much for this, it's really a great post!
Martina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews