5.07.2014

Two Way Street

If you read my blog much, I'm sure you have seen at least some of these stories circulating:


And so many more that I just don't have the heart to link... what two things do these tell me?

One, I cannot stress enough - it is so important to choose the right provider and birth/postpartum team. Interview, fire, hire, question, become your own advocate and conscientious consumer. It is your responsibility to choose the best option for your needs and desires.

And two, our system is broken - birth workers need to remember whom we work for. Mamas can only make the best choice with the options they have available to them - it is our responsibility to provide ethical services within our scope of practice.

'Nuff said.

End rant.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews