5.03.2013

Cut, Stapled, & Mended - Review

I found Roanna on YouTube, of all places. I watched her as she talked about "Who Speaks for the Baby", and I knew I had to get to know this woman better! 


So, I reached out to her and found she was publishing a book entitled "Cut, Stapled, & Mended". I asked if I could review it, and she said yes!

I knew the release was slated for April 30th, and I eagerly watched my mailbox for my copy. Around lunch on April 30th, I found my copy peeking up at me through my mailbox flap. I tore open the package.... and only came up for life's necessities for the next 12 hours.

At 12:45am on May 1st, I finished reading. As I tenderly closed the cover of her book, I thought of Roanna and what a gift she has given to women all over the world.... but hold on, I'm getting ahead of myself.

As I read Cut, Stapled, & Mended, I found myself embarking on a journey with a courageous and feminine woman as she learned what it was to be Woman. I thoroughly expected her's to be a book about cesareans and VBACs... but (wo)man, was I wrong!

Cut, Stapled, & Mended, authored by Roanna Rosewood, is a work of heart. It isn't merely a book, but a love story - a story of healing, of love, of perseverance, and of triumph. It is beautifully written, both humorous and thoughtful. We watch Roanna, the Teenager, hurt, lonely, and seeking. We meet Roanna, the strong Woman, capable, judgmental, and direct. And we join Roanna, the Every Woman, as she learns how to be, accepting, loving, and kind - a feminine embodiment of surrender and healing.

Her story had to be told, as every journey should be, because her story has to be heard. I could feel the stirrings of empathetic understanding throughout her journey, as, a woman myself, I could understand her on a level that transcended her experiences and manifested in my own life and history.

Roanna is a wonderful writer. As easily as I found myself roaring with laughter, I also found myself sobbing with sorrow and nodding in vehement righteous indignation. And, interlaced with her story, the reader finds facts and figures, research and links, to support her goals and draw the reader even further into her world.

I am so excited for this book. I am so excited that I turned right around and bought a second copy for a friend! This book was not written, it was born. It was born of, not only Roanna's story, but the story of Woman. Her book is necessary for every woman, whether she is VBACing, a first time mother, a maiden, an obstetrician, or a holistic practitioner. Cut, Stapled, & Mended is a gift to (wo)mankind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews