I have happened upon some great reads lately. Here is a short list:
- Length of Human Gestation for Uncomplicated Pregnancy - an oldie but goodie, this is a medical journal (aka heavy read), but it is a good reminder that TRUE average human gestation is 41.1 weeks, not 40 weeks.
- Pitocin and ADHD - another heavy read, but this is good research on the correlation between the use of pitocin during labor and birth and the incidence in ADHD later in life.
- VBAC: making a Mountain out of a Molehill - a great read regarding the risks of VBAC
- When Birth is Trauma - a wonderfully insightful read about birth trauma and how to get help.
- At Least You Had a Healthy Baby - a great article on flippant comments and how they hurt rather than help.
- Texas and Elective Inductions - horray! a victory for Texas is that medicaid will no longer reimburse for elective inductions.