2.16.2012

Thoughtful Thursday

“Imagine what might happen if the majority of women emerged from their labor beds with a renewed sense of the strength and power of their bodies, and of their capacity for ecstasy through giving birth. When enough women realize that birth is a time of great opportunity to get in touch with their true power, and when they are willing to assume responsibility for this, we will reclaim the power of birth and help move technology where it belongs – in the service of birthing women, not as their master. 

For many women, having a baby is their first experience of being connected with other women and with their vast creativity. It has the potential to transform the ways in which we think about ourselves. As one patient said to me, ‘I felt at one with every woman who ever gave birth. I felt powerful and in touch with something within me that I never knew was there. I took my place among the lineage of women as mothers.'" - Christiane Northrup, MD

2 comments:

Nicole G said...

Thank you for this post (and everything else you share with us). Love your blog!

Fisher Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo said...

Yes it is a thoughtful thursday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews