2.01.2009

Beautiful Births!

Two wonderful ladies who I have had the honor of getting to know in the past few years have had their babies recently.

Michelle and I met online. She became a blog-reader and I became her cheerleader as she looked forward to her next pregnancy. We passed 'notes' and she soon found herself expecting! I was so excited to be invited to her birthing time and was equally as saddened when I found out I would not be able to attend her. Regardless, I encouraged her to consider Lindsay, a dear friend and fellow doula, to attend her and they have a beautiful and fulfilling birthing time! Read her account here.

Shortly thereafter (on Monday actually) another dear friend welcomed their second child. We met 5 years ago and she was planning on having me attend her first birth. But, she went into labor prematurely at 30ish weeks, and had her first baby by emergency cesarean. The birth of her second baby is VASTLY different from her first experience, but I can't tell you all about her AWESOME story, we have to wait until she posts it in her own words... but keep a look out here for Jenn's story.

*sigh*, I so want to be back in the thick of it all!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Births are amazing aren't they? Someday, when I am done having my own babies, I want to be a doula. Just amazing to be around that birthing energy all the time.

Jenn said...

Thanks Nicole, I posted my story today, It took a while to type one handed, but the kid on my boob is amazing :)

DoulaMomma said...

back in the thick of it - you will, when the time is right!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews