Traveling Midwife tagged me over at her blog (thanks). So, without further ado... my answers!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was just finishing up the summer working as an assistant manager at a Dry Dock and Bistro after graduating High School that previous spring. Plans to start college with a major in Music Therapy in August.
Five things on my to do list:
- Make Thank You notes for my new favorite L&D nurse at Williamson and new favorite VBAC OB.
- Send out a bill payment
- Finish highlighting and assigning parts for "Birth"
- Call venue for BOLD and set up our next meeting
- Go get my new palm synched with my old contacts.
What snacks do you like?
- Wholly Guacamole - spicy, with blue corn chips
- Grape Salad
- chocolate-covered pretzels
- mild cheddar cheese and pretzels
- choco-cherry brownie ice cream (can't find it anymore... any help?)
- movie theater popcorn with lots of salt and butter (don't get it very often, but I do crave once in a long while)
- Celery and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Olive Tapenade on Baguette toast with mozzarella
I would open a free-standing birthing and women's center in Nashville. Nearby, and in conjunction with it, I would open a young women's home for unwed pregnant teens. There, we would give them skills to help find good jobs to sustain them and their families, work with them on resumes and computer proficiency/skill proficiency, teach basic home-maker skills and parenting, and help them get the assistance they needed to be self-sufficient and strong.
I would buy my family a home and my mom a home. I would then invest into other organizations looking to change our culture for the better and other less-fortunate communities to be self-sustaining.
Three bad habits
For those who know me, please don't start LOOKING for these to point them out...
- using 'ya'll' and 'eh' in the same sentence (south meets north-yupper).
- shortening peoples names as much as possible (Lindsay turned to Lins turned to L in the span of 10 months).
- saying 'buuuuut...' at the end of a thought. And, as dh so kindly pointed out, I don't say "Buht"... I pronounce it "baaaaht"
- Interlochen, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Holland, Michigan
- Detroit, Michigan
- Rockford, Illinois
- Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Las Angeles, California
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Of, course, the obvious - Childbirth Educator
- And the second most obvious - Doula
- Assistant Manager for a Wine Dock and Bistro
- Customer Service for a Theater
- Administrative Assistant for AT&T
- Secretary/everything-they-could-find-for-me-to-do-and-milk-all-of-my-talents-to-their-greatest-extent for an insurance agency
- Housekeeper for a major furniture manufacturer
How did you name your blog?Psalm 139 says that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I work with women (bellies) and their newborns (babies)... hence, wonderfullymadebelliesandbabies... Or, Bellies and Babies for short.
Alrighty - I tag Lindsay, Kris, Jenn, Micky and Kim